CSINext November 2012 Meeting
Greetings fellow members of CSINext. We will be conducting our Chapter Meeting and the topic will be "LEED and Integrated Technologies" Presented by Anthony Ursini. Mark your calendars for November 15th at 3:00pm EST. We look forward to having you attend.
Construction Specifications Institute
November 2012 Meeting
Meeting Date:November 15, 2012
Meeting Time: 3:00pm EST
Meeting RSVP: http://www.anymeeting.com/PIID=E950DD86854C3D
Speaker: Anthony Ursini (generalcable.com)
This is an overview of the connection between LEED and Integrated Technologies; halogens and the “Greening” of Physical and Intelligent Infrastructure. You will be able to identify what halogens are, the effects they have on us and our environment, why halogens are used in category cables, identify what a “green” cable is and the availability of new zero halogen cables. We will also cover recent updates for LEED 2012.
- Identify what halogens are in relation to cable construction with a clear reference in Converged Technologies.
- Recognize what the effects of halogens are on the environment and humans in relation to building construction.
- Understand why halogenated compounds are used in the construction of low voltage copper and fiber optic cables and the benefits of halogen reduction.
- Discover what a potential “green” cable is, as well as becoming educated and aware of new halogen free cable products.
- Recognize key market drivers and trends that clearly benefit from safe and sustainable technologies utilizing an environmentally friendly product such as 17-Free
- Understand the awareness of the LEED 2012 changes and their possible effects on future building construction.
Plan how to do it.
- The plan is to convey the relationship between an Integrated Technology and the use of “green” product in the Physical and intelligent infrastructures in the time given by BICSI and to the best of our knowledge.
“As of 11/13/2012, General Cable was approved by The American Institute of Architects as an AIA CES provider. Each one hour segment of this presentation will receive (1) SD (Sustainable Design) Learning Unit towards the AIA professional designation”
“Effective October 11, 2012 BICSI recognizes Halogens and the “Greening” of Physical and Intelligent Infrastructure training for the following BICSI Continuing Education Credits (CECs).”
|RCDD||RITP||RTPM||DCDC||ESS||NTS||OSP||WD||Installer 2 Copper/Fiber||Technician||Certified Trainer|